Academic Internal Medicine Hospitalist-Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center is seeking an academic Internal Medicine Hospitalist to join our expanding team of collaborative physicians.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you’re a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a collegiate, team-based environment and you garner expertise in the care of patients with unique and challenging Internal Medicine issues.
Why join our team:
We are a physician led, patient centered organization and looking to grow our department with team players dedicated to providing meaningful patient care. This position is ideal for both those who are finishing training or those who are looking to advance their careers and make a change. At Tufts we strive to be a people focused organization. We provide high quality care and foster a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance.
Opportunities for interdisciplinary and translational research collaboration and teaching at all levels of medical education are available. Division faculty members are actively supported in pursuing collaborative work that spans the academic spectrum across the Tufts Health Sciences campus. Academic rank and compensation will be commensurate with level of experience.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- Direct Management of inpatient care on General Medicine, Geriatric and General Medicine Consult services. An interest and experience in Geriatrics will be valued.
- Opportunities for those interested in developing expertise to manage care on oncology or pulmonary services with subspecialty consultation.
- Flexibility to provide care both on a covered and an uncovered service as we as provide supervision, oversight and teaching to Internal Medicine interns and residents
- With a 78 - person Internal Medicine residency program, a passion for teaching is essential.
- Precepting and teaching of medical students at Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Development and participation in quality programs on the inpatient services.
Who you are:
- We seek a diverse group of faculty to reflect the diverse community of patients served by our institution. We are dedicated to caring for the elderly and underserved in our practice with ACO teams of nurse care managers and community health workers who provide additional resources for vulnerable patient populations.
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston
How to apply:
You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Ellen Sullivan, Manager Provider Recruitment at [email protected]
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Wellforce. Wellforce brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Wellforce brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.