Chief of Hospital Medicine - Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center is seeking an academic leader and innovator to create a new Division of Hospital Medicine to join our expanding team of physicians.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, a principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. It is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of patient care, advancing knowledge and training students to become future clinicians, scientists and educators drives us forward to quickly turn innovations into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
Why join our team:
- The Tufts Department of Medicine values compassion, innovation, collegiality, diversity, ethics and caring for each other and our patients
- You will be a part of a thriving environment for faculty scholarship in quality, medical education and research
- Tufts Medical Center and the Department of Medicine strives to be a people-focused organization where the patient is at the center of everything we do
- We provide high quality care and foster a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
How you’ll transform patient care:
- Develop a new model of hospital medicine, with an expanding inpatient service need, including non-teaching services to our strengths in general medicine and geriatric inpatient care
- Recruit and oversee a growing team of Hospitalists and Advanced Practice Providers
- Serve as attending physician on Internal Medicine resident-supported and Advanced Practitioner-supported inpatient services
- Opportunity to attend on the General Medicine Consult service
- Provide clinical supervision of advanced care practitioners, residents and medical students
- Shape the future of our trainees; with a 78-person Internal Medicine residency program, a passion for teaching is essential
- Teaching medical students at Tufts University School of Medicine
- Build and participate in quality programs on the inpatient services
- Develop and collaborate on interdisciplinary and translational research and teaching at all levels of medical education
Who you are:
- Prior expertise in hospital medicine in an academic setting, including both teaching services, and services covered by Advanced Practice Providers
- Prior experience in personnel oversight, with strong interpersonal skills to lead and inspire a new/growing Division
- Interest in a meaningful contribution to a new vision and a division of hospital medicine
- We seek a diverse group of faculty to reflect the diverse community of patients served by our institution; we are dedicated to caring for the elderly and underserved with multidisciplinary teams who provide additional resources for vulnerable patient populations
- Faculty members are actively supported in pursuing collaborative work that spans the academic spectrum across the Tufts Health Sciences campus; academic rank and compensation will be commensurate with level of experience
COVID-19 Policy: To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
How to apply: You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Ellen Sullivan, Manager Provider Recruitment at [email protected]
Why Wellforce: Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Wellforce. Wellforce brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Wellforce brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality