Division Chief - Hospital Medicine
Division Chief of Hospital Medicine | National Medical Center | Duarte, CA
Medical Group Seeks a Physician-Leader for our Division of Hospital Medicine
The Department of Medicine at a National Medical Center is seeking an exceptional physician-leader to serve as the Division Chief of Hospital Medicine and join our nationally recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation specialists providing cutting edge cancer care in a world-class NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles. Within the Department of Medicine, the Division of Hospital Medicine includes over 17 providers across three services, including our hospitalist program, nocturnist program and Evaluation and Treatment Center provide state of the art medical care.
The Chief of Hospital Medicine reports to the Chair of the Department of Medicine. This leadership role is crucial to continuing to advance the inpatient services we provide to our patients.
The ideal candidate will be a respected physician leader specializing in hospital medicine, with proven leadership experience. S/he should exhibit a commitment to the advancement of patient care quality, financial, budgetary, compliance, and regulatory efficiencies, and provide leadership and vision for the Division’s clinical services in an integrated academic medical center environment. Interest in treating Hematology or Medical Oncology patients is highly preferred. Mentoring young faculty is an essential part of this position. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
- Full-time position leading an established and growing hospital medicine team
- Currently 17 team members with plan to expand
- Protected administrative/academic time (25%)
- Primary clinical responsibility (75%) shared with Duarte-based Hospital Medicine faculty
- State-of-the-art facilities
- 215 bed hospital, 10 operating rooms and 4 procedure rooms
- 18-bed 24/7 Intensive Care Unit
- Opportunity to lead the expansion of hospital medicine within a growing enterprise
- On-site pulmonary critical care support 24/7
- APP support as well as fellows, in-house surgeons, and pediatricians
- Procedures not required
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary and potential for sign-on
- Outstanding benefits including up to 20% of IRS max toward annual retirement contribution *no match requirement
- Academic record consistent with appointment at Associate Professor or Professor level
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
- Board certification required
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably leading a hospitalist program
Who We Are:
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Medicine. This group is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities. We will be accepting applications through March 2022. This is a timely recruitment, and we will begin interviewing in January 2022.