Hospitalist - Hospital Medicine
Department of Medicine | City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks a Hospitalist to Join our Inpatient Team
We invite you to consider an opportunity to join City of Hope, the world-class NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles. This non-profit program is one of the top ranked cancer centers in the country, with an international reputation for quality of care. The Division of Hospital Medicine at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking a highly qualified, board certified or eligible Hospitalist to meet the needs of our growing program on the Duarte campus.
Provide patient-centered care in collaboration with a world class, nationally recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation cancer specialists and other health care professionals. Full-time Hospitalist position reporting to the Chief of Hospital Medicine within our Department of Medicine. Additional experience or interest in treating Hematology or Medical Oncology patients is highly preferred.
- Coverage at only one location, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte
- State-of-the-art facilities: 215 bed hospital, 10 operating rooms and 4 procedure rooms
- Growing Division of Hospital Medicine with 17 team members
- Annual shift requirement: 154 shifts (7a – 7p)
- 7 on, 7 off block schedules
- On-site pulmonary critical care support 24/7
- APP support as well as fellows, in-house surgeons, and pediatricians
- Procedures not required
- Excellent opportunity for candidates interested in hematology and oncology patients
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary and potential for sign-on
- Outstanding benefits including up to 20% of IRS max toward annual retirement contribution *no match requirement
- Academic record consistent with appointment at early Assistant or early-mid career Associate Professor level at City of Hope National Medical Center
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
- Board certified/eligible, internal medicine preferred
Who We Are:
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Medicine. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity,
and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.