Hospitalist Medical Director Opportunity in Northern California
Sutter Medical Group (SMG) is seeking a Hospitalist Medical Director (0.27 FTE Administrative & 0.73 FTE Clinical) to join their growing Hospitalist division in Jackson, California.
This position effectively manages, directs and coordinates all aspects of the Hospitalist program from scheduling oversight, developing protocols and procedures, resolving operational and clinical issues, and providing leadership for the program.
Specifically the Medical Director is responsible for the following supervision: oversee performance of 70+ Hospitalist physicians, perform ongoing mentoring and case review as needed, and advise the program in recruiting evaluation and retention. Attend various meetings to discuss status and progress of the program. Leadership experience working within a Residency Program preferred.
This position is compensated by guaranteed salary (clinical) and hourly pay (administrative):
- 9-12 hour admission shifts
- Differentials paid for Night Shifts
- RVU productivity bonus - paid out quarterly
- Quality bonus-paid out annually
- 0.27 admin FTE, up to .73 clinical FTE
Medical Group Information:
Sutter Medical Group is a successful, 1,100+ member multi-specialty group offering physicians the opportunity to build their practices within a progressive, financially sound, and collaborative organization. SMG is recognized as a Top Performing Physician Group by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Our members are dedicated to providing the highest quality and most complete health care possible to the people in the communities we serve in the greater Sacramento Valley Area of Amador, Placer, Sacramento, Solano and Yolo Counties.
Join us and enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Income guarantee with shareholder track
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and CME allowance
- Paid time off benefits (vacation, holiday, etc.)
- Robust retirement program
- A positive work-life balance and Northern California's natural beauty and lifestyle
Our competitive benefits package provides our team and their families with the tools they need to stay healthy, inside and out. Depending on your tenure and position, our benefits package may vary.
Jackson is a lovely rural community nestled in the Sierra Nevada Foothills in Amador County. Jackson is located about 1 hour from Sacramento, and 1½ hours from Lake Tahoe. The County offers residents a variety of activities. El Dorado National Forest, Silver Lake and the Mokelumne River Canyon are all within the immediate area and provides residents with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities. The Kirkwood Mountain Resort, a premier world-class ski resort and summer vacation hot spot, is also just a short drive away.
Local activities include:
- Wine tasting at over 40 of the most scenic and award-winning wineries
- Jackson Rancheria Hotel & Casino (Theater, concerts, and more)
- Golfing (2 courses)
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, camping, skiing and white-water rafting
Krysta Burris, Physician Recruiter
Sutter Health Valley Area