Vice Chair of Patient Safety and High Reliability, Hospital Medicine
Lehigh Valley Health Network
The Department of Hospital and Emergency Medicine at Lehigh Valley Health Network is seeking a physician leader to serve as Vice Chair of Patient Safety and High Reliability. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic leader.
The Hospital Medicine Vice Chair of Patient Safety and High Reliability will serve as the lead hospitalist accountable for driving Hospital Medicine clinical excellence and patient safety. Under the direction of the Chief of Hospital Medicine and Chair of the Department of Emergency and Hospital Medicine and in close collaboration with HM Site Directors, they will serve as a champion for division-wide prioritization of patient safety and reliable high-quality care, while meeting LVHN expectations in regard to the overall patient care experience at all LVHN campuses serviced by Hospital Medicine.
As a key member of the DOEHM Leadership Council, Hospital Medicine Vice Chair of Quality & Patient Safety will lead the effort to advance physician engagement and collaboration with other members of the care team in implementing and sustaining divisional, departmental, and network quality initiatives. They will provide expertise and guidance in supporting the DOEHM Winning Proposition to “deliver optimal evidence-based, efficient, patient-centered care along with an exceptional family, visitor, and colleague experience.”
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
- Current Board Certification in Internal or Family Medicine
- At least 5-years of experience as practicing hospitalist with proven track record of quality care and patient satisfaction
- At least 2-years of experience in quality improvement & patient safety
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to lead transformational efforts in the domain of quality, patient safety, and patient experience
- Ability to partner with other leaders in optimizing processes necessary to improve quality & safety outcomes, reduce unnecessary care variation, and optimize resource utilization and efficiency
- Working knowledge of informatics and statistics to be able to choose key indicators to evaluate performance
- At least 2-years of Hospital Medicine leadership experience
- Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is comprised of eight hospital campuses plus numerous health centers, physician practices, rehabilitation locations, ExpressCARE sites and other outpatient care locations in seven eastern Pennsylvania counties.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest has been ranked #1 in the region, and in top 6 in the state by U.S. News and World Report for the past seven years. Lehigh Valley Health Network has been selected as a 2021 Best Workplace in Health Care and Biopharma by Great Place to Work and Fortune.
Lehigh Valley area:
The Lehigh Valley metro region, with a population of more than 800,000, is one of the top 5 fastest growing regions in the United States with population under a million and offers small town, suburban and urban living with close proximity to New York City (90 miles) and Philadelphia (50 miles), as well as excellent colleges, schools, restaurants and quality of life.
To learn more about the Lehigh Valley visit: www.discoverlehighvalley.com
Interested parties please email curriculum vitae to Lance Boerner, Senior Director of Recruiting [email protected]tthawkins.com .