Pediatric Hospitalist Opportunity – Block Schedule – Montana
Benefis Hospital, in Great Falls, Montana, is seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist to join the pediatric inpatient team at our large regional health system. Our inpatient medical experts include: Pediatricians, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Pediatric Anesthesiologists, Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners. Additional outpatient pediatric resources include: Pediatricians, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Pediatric Endocrinology, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, Pediatric Neuropsychology, Pediatric Psychology, and Pediatric Therapies.
Pediatric Hospitalist Details
- Full time = 182 shifts per year
- Schedule is typically 14 on/14 off schedule
- Inpatient team of 2 Pediatric Physicians and 2 Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- 2 providers (1 physician, 1 nurse practitioner) on for each stretch taking turns with 1st call every other day/night for work life balance
- 24 hour shifts (in house is not required)
- Inpatient pediatric rounds, newborn rounds, and response to ED for pediatric patients
- Each day can bring its own unique challenges with the variety of patients and families that are cared for in our region. If we are unable to care for a pediatric patient or if the patient requires a true PICU floor, we have a medical jet for transport to Seattle
- Pediatric Hospitalist will need to be comfortable managing an occasional pediatric ventilator with physician resources in pediatric anesthesia and intensive care if the team decides it’s appropriate to keep a patient in house
- 14 room, 16 bed unit
- Population of newborns to 17 years of age
- All general pediatric diagnosis including surgical, respiratory, pediatric/adolescent psych patients, NAS babies, patients with chronic conditions, some PICU, non-invasive ventilation, DKA and trauma.
- Daily census approximately 6 patients - increase in cold and flu season
- Colorful, kid friendly rooms with designated family area for parents
- All pediatric staff on unit is PALS and ENPC trained
- Average of 4-5 deliveries a day – can be high risk population
- Newborns average daily census 6-8
- Pediatric and NICU specific Mercy Flight transfer teams
- Level III NICU staffed with Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- pediatric hospitalists have a collaborative relationship with NICU providers
Compensation and Benefits Great compensation structures with extremely competitive shift based pay. Benefits offered to employees include: generous CME, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement. This site also qualifies for Federal Public Loan Forgiveness.
Community Information Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water& snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 300 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of Becker’s Best Places To Work in Healthcare, 6 years in a row!
Submit your CV today via email to learn more, [email protected]
Erica Martin, Provider Recruitment
Benefis Health System