Medical Director – Hospitalist Program
NorthBay Healthcare is seeking a full-time medical director to lead their growing hospitalist program. At NorthBay Healthcare the Medical Director is a key member of the leadership team charged with meeting organizational goals and operational objectives for ensuring the effective, efficient utilization of health care services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Will dyad with the Operations Director of Hospital Medicine and work closely with the Chief Medical Officer and NorthBay Healthcare Group President.
- Manage recruitment and performance for our hospitalist group of 40 physicians that provide inpatient care for our two hospital independent health system. Accountable and responsible within our leadership dyad structure for relevant throughput, quality, and patient safety measures; support Zero Harm and High Reliability efforts. Participate in the growth of our Population Health program especially transition of care and post-acute strategic initiatives. Exhibit strong leadership at the system level participating in NorthBay’s strategic planning and implementation efforts.
- Internal Medicine Board Certified MD or DO
- Unrestricted CA medical license
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Five years recent experience in hospital medicine, strongly preferred
- Previous hospitalist medicine leadership experience, required
Candidate must subscribe to and follow the NorthBay Way. The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration and Competence.