Medical Center Hospital in Odessa, TX invites prospective administrative leaders to apply for a section chief of hospital medicine role. The section chief of hospital medicine will serve as a full-time leader and will be employed by Medical Center Hospital. The section of hospital medicine at Medical Center Hospital includes over 20 physicians and advanced practice providers. The team provides coverage on the hospital floor with a typical daily census of 90 patients.
The primary responsibilities for the incoming section chief will be as follows:
- Serving as the senior clinical leader for physicians and advanced practice providers within the hospitalist service line. The role will be focused on daily management and care optimization for the inpatient census.
- The incoming candidate will develop and implement uniform, integrated standards of care, clinical protocols, medical care policies, and clinical operational procedures within the service lines with areas of focus including length of stay, clinical documentation, collaboration with various departments including affiliated Texas Tech University residency programs and active involvement with committees including but not limited to utilization review and utilization management.
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- A minimum of three years clinical experience as a hospitalist required
- Three years of administrative leadership experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience in key performance indicators including length of stay, utilization review, and day-to-day inpatient management.
About Medical Center Health System
Medical Center Hospital (MCH) is a 402-Bed Level 3 trauma center in Odessa Texas. MCH has proudly served Ector County and the surrounding 17 counties of the Permian Basin. This Hospital has come a long way since opening their doors in 1949, growing from a small county hospital into a prosperous 402-bed regional medical center serving over 100,000 patients annually. MCH is the only full-service hospital in the region, and they strive to deliver the best care possible for the people of the Permian Basin.
Medical Center Health System is a community-based teaching organization dedicated to providing high-quality and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellness of all residents of the Permian Basin.
Services offered at Medical Center Hospital include Cancer Services, Emergency Services, Orthopedics, OBGYN Services, Pediatric, Sports Medicine, Surgical Services, Cardiac Services, Imaging Services, Outpatient Services, Respiratory Services, Stroke Services, and Trauma Services.
Since 1974, the Medical Center Health System has partnered with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) to implement a number of residency programs including family medicine, obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), and internal medicine, along with fellowship programs including geriatric medicine and hospital medicine.
In recent years, Odessa has been named one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation. Odessa is a warm and inviting West Texas city, conveniently located on Interstate 20, halfway between Fort Worth and El Paso. Odessa is synonymous with Texas high school football with their Permian Panther football tradition having inspired Friday Night Lights. Easily accessible, it boasts Midland International Airport, serviced daily by American, Southwest, and United Airlines, and is the closest airport to Big Bend National Park. Odessa is a vibrant, energetic city in West Texas where the sky, literally, is the only limit. It is a dynamic city that boasts fresh air, awe-inspiring sunsets, and the friendliest people you'll ever find. The Permian Basin, of which Odessa/Midland is the geographic center, is said to contain 16%+ of the nation's oil reserves and is the 7th largest oil-producing region in the world! Today, the Midland-Odessa Metroplex is a thriving community. Due to the heavy gas & oil industry, it has been deemed the “Petro-Plex.” Although petroleum products are still the economic mainstay, the community has a stable, multi-faceted economy. Live music, dancing, cultural events, and entertainment can be found in abundance here.
Interested candidates should contact Lance Boerner at 314-529-5250 or [email protected]. Please reference job #152469.