On behalf of Dr. Marlene Miller, Pediatrician-in-Chief for University Hospitals and Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (UH/RBC), CareerPhysician, the national leader in academic pediatric leadership recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify an inspiring leader to serve in the role as Division Chief, Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine.
The incoming Chief will have the responsibility of establishing and implementing a vision that encompasses the mission values of UH/RBC: To Heal, To Teach, To Discover.
- As one of the early adaptors of having general pediatricians caring for hospitalized children, UH/RBC and the families/patients they serve have benefited from a long history of strong inpatient medicine support and expertise. Currently, the Division of Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine (PHM) has 22 faculty members with Healthy Newborn Care becoming a subdivision of PHM in 2020.
- The new Chief will have the built-in benefit of joining a well-established and cohesive culture experienced throughout the Division with a tremendous opportunity to establish new programs, as well as, expand upon programs such as newborn & sedation services, subspecialty care at affiliated community hospitals, and further developing research and QI infrastructure.
- Established and ACGME accredited PHM Fellowship program.
- Eligibility for academic rank at the Associate/Professor level and be board certified in Pediatric Hospital Medicine, or, Board Eligible with intent to take the Certifying Exam in 2022.
- Recognized as the top ranked children’s hospital in northern Ohio, UH/RBC is a 244-bed, Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and principal referral center for Ohio and the region.
- Academic affiliation with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Marcel Barbey at [email protected]. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
UH/RBC is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.