The University of Missouri School of Medicine is seeking a Division Chief of Hospital Medicine. The successful candidate will have a track record of programmatic growth, management, oversight, and program expansion, and an aptitude for collaborating, creativity, conflict resolution, and program expansion and development. Recruitment and staffing for long-term faculty is a priority. The division is one of the most vital components of the department’s and health system’s educational mission. It supports the internal medicine residency, the combined medicine-pediatric residency, and a physician-assistant fellowship, and provides core learning opportunities for psychiatry and orthopedic residency programs. Candidates must be board-certified in internal medicine and qualified to hold the rank of associate professor or professor, NTT or TT. Health services researchers with current funding would be eligible for additional protected research time.
- Ample opportunities to drive clinical research and additional multidisciplinary collaboration studies
- Hospital Medicine team is a well-rounded division with a lot of senior faculty holding leadership positions around the institution
- Division covers 4 resident teaching services, 2 PA fellow teaching services, 3 specialized inpatient services, and post-acute care
- University Hospital, a 390-bed tertiary care facility, is the only Level I trauma center and helicopter service in Mid-Missouri and the only burn intensive care unit in the region
Columbia, Missouri, is a lively college town filled with friendly individuals and an engaging spirit unique to this region of the Midwest. Surrounded by small-town charm combined with big-city culture, activities, and amenities, you’ll have everything you need. Niche ranks Columbia an overall A grade and a best place to live in Missouri.
- Excellent quality of life with a low cost of living and safe, family-friendly neighborhoods
- Columbia named Missouri’s Best College Town (Far and Wide 2022)
- University of Missouri is ranked in US News & World Report’s Best Colleges
- Exceptional public and private schools – a wonderful place to raise a family
- Four distinct seasons and an abundance of outdoor recreation
- Proximity to the Ozark Mountains and Lake of the Ozarks
- US News ranks Missouri in its Top 5 Best States for Affordability and #4 for Opportunity
- Columbia regularly receives accolades from leading magazines and websites for being a best place to live
- Proximity to St. Louis and Kansas City
About the University of Missouri School of Medicine
As the first publicly supported medical school west of the Mississippi River, the MU School of Medicine has improved health, education, and research for more than 170 years. More Missouri physicians have received their medical degrees from MU than any other university in Missouri. The SOM’s more than 700 faculty physicians and scientists educate more than 1,000 medical students, residents, fellows, and other students seeking advanced degrees, as well as more than 1,000 undergraduate students each semester. The school is divided into 16 clinical departments and five basic science departments.