The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is seeking board certified or board eligible clinician-educators to join the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine within its nationally recognized Department of Pediatrics. This full-time Pediatric Hospital Medicine position will provide clinical care in our new children’s hospital located in the beautiful city of Charleston, South Carolina.
· BC or BE Pediatric Hospitalist with 3-5 years of Pediatric Hospital Medicine experience preferred
· Committed to MUSC’s educational missions and enthusiastic about teaching
· Strong commitment to quality improvement and evidence-based medicine
· Diverse group of patients with a vast array of conditions
· Care delivery on inpatient medical/surgical units
· Work alongside an established group of 11 board certified faculty
· Teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows
· Candidates with experience in QI project development will be of high interest to develop and refine new and innovate care processes
· Dedicated departmental clinical research team
· Epic EMR platform
We will provide:
· Relocation assistance
· Faculty appointment with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications
· Excellent benefits package, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
· Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
· 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
· CME allowance + time off
In 2020, MUSC Children’s Health opened the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion, a 100,000 square foot, 10 floor, state-of-the-art building that is transforming the delivery of fetal, women’s and children’s care in the region. This 250-bed pediatric hospital is home to 89 NICU beds, 25 PICU beds, 36 mother/baby post-partum rooms, 7 couplet care rooms, a military grade helipad, 6 operating rooms, 4 procedures suites, a pediatric MRI scanner, the only comprehensive burn center in the state, and the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in the state. Supporting the outstanding clinical care at our Children’s Hospital and Women’s Pavilion is the Charles P. Darby Children’s Research Institute, the largest pediatric research facility in the Carolinas, and one of only 15 like it in the country. MUSC
Children’s Hospital is the largest referral center in the region, made up of 31 pediatric subspecialties.
Learn more about the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital: https://musckids.org/about-us/sjch
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty.
In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Lowcountry cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
Founded in 1824, the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) continues to uphold its long tradition of excellence in education, research and patient care. MUSC educates and trains more than 3,000 students and nearly 800 residents in six colleges and has more than 17,000 employees. As the state’s only integrated academic health sciences center and largest non-federal employer in Charleston, the university and its affiliates have collective annual budgets in excess of $3.2 billion, with an annual economic impact of nearly $4 billion and annual research funding in excess of $284 million.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration.