The Division of Hospital Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina located in historic Charleston, South Carolina is seeking exceptional candidates to join a well-established academic hospital medicine team at the assistant, associate, or professor level. Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and professional experience.
Our hospital medicine division provides care on the following services: 5 teaching services, 6 direct patient care services, orthopedic and neurosurgery spine co-management services, and other surgical consultation. We also participate in a large preoperative clinic with the intent of improving surgical outcomes. As we are committed to caring for patients throughout the state of South Carolina, we are also excited to provide tele-hospitalist services to a small number of rural hospitals throughout the state of South Carolina.
Any candidate with interest in nocturnist coverage will be highly considered.
Our Division of Hospital Medicine is committed to these values:
- Team-based approach to patient care- we believe in our people and selfless, team players are pivotal to the success of our division.
- Diversity and Inclusion- we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community of faculty to meet the needs of the diverse learners and populations we serve. By increasing diversity in our team, we seek to increase trust and eliminate disparities in patient care.
- Patient-centered care- we believe in doing the right thing for the right patient at the right time.
- Innovation- we are committed to extending the skillset of our hospitalists beyond the walls of MUSC Charleston through tele-hospital medicine to support rural hospitals and exploring different care delivery models.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be BC/BE in Internal Medicine
- Have a scholarly focus on quality improvement and delivery of high-value healthcare services.
- Be committed to educational excellence leading inpatient and consultative services.
MUSC is located in Charleston, SC, frequently named one of the best places in America to live. If charming, historic, vibrant, cultural, and coastal are adjectives that you find appealing, it’s all here. In Charleston, you might find yourself dining at a world class restaurant tonight and relaxing on a boat as you explore our many waterways tomorrow. You might stroll along cobblestone streets, amidst centuries old homes by day and attend a jazz concert by night. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!
Qualified candidates interested in joining our team should forward their CV to Dr. Marc Heincelman, Interim Division Chief at [email protected]; Tel: (843) 792-0340.
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.