West Islip , West Islip, NY Full Time, Night shift, 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Hospitalist - Nocturnist
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Hospitalist is responsible for the admission, care and discharge of unassigned patients admitted to the Hospitalist Services.
- Teaching the Intern/Residency Program (6-8 hours /week)
- Maintaining the Standards of the Department of Internal Medicine
- Promoting high quality, cost effective care based on the best medical evidence;
- Utilization of Care Management initiatives such as Clinical Pathways, standardized orders and discharge summaries
- Hospitalists shall conduct themselves in conformity with the HIPAA and Corporate Compliance Programs and Medical Center policies and procedures for patient privacy and shall conduct themselves in conformity with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State
- Board Certified or Board eligible within 3 years and predominantly trained in Internal Medicine.
- Teaching ability
- BLS and ACLS certified
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.