The Patient Flow Center (PFC) hospitalist works in our regional PFC with an interprofessional team of triage nurses, patient placement staff, administration representatives, and case managers to accept patients to Essentia Health hospitals. The hospitalist provides phone and video consultation to Emergency and Hospital providers in our regional hospitals to help support patients locally.
- 25-year-old Hospitalist program with 47 physicians and 11 NP/PAs.
- Hospitalists cover Essentia Health St. Mary’s Medical Center and Essentia Health Duluth which are located on the same campus and connected via an indoor skywalk system. Provision of secondary and tertiary care services to patients from a wide region including northern Wisconsin and north central and eastern Minnesota
- Essentia Health St. Mary’s Medical Center is a 350-bed tertiary care hospital, Level I certified Trauma Center with the consistently highest-ranked cardiovascular program and a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Essentia Health Duluth is an attached 140-bed multispecialty hospital with acute dialysis, medical-surgical, psychiatry, and outpatient surgery units
- ICU coverage is primarily non-intubated patients. Critical care physicians cover most intubated patients
- 14-16 patients per day (includes admission, consults, rounding, and discharge) in a team-based collaborative model with advanced practice providers
- Satisfying balance of attending and consultative responsibilities covering multiple specialties
- Opportunities to participate in hospital-based research, quality, and clinical initiatives
- Teaching service providing inpatient internal medicine rotations for Duluth Family Medicine residents
- Friendly, collegial environment with 12 day teams of hospitalists and advanced practice providers, two day admitters, two evening admitters, and a dedicated nocturnist team of two physicians and one advanced practice provider
- Epic Electronic Medical Record utilized throughout the entire Essentia Health healthcare system
- 7-day on, 7-day off schedule throughout the year; 182 shifts is considered full-time. Flexible scheduling
- Generous starting bonus included for qualified candidates
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine BC/BE in Family Medicine with strong interest and experience in hospital-based care (opportunity for mentorship)
- Duluth, MN – a harbor city which is located at the westernmost tip of beautiful Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of the metropolitan Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Duluth city population: 90,000; Regional service area: 490,000
- Duluth International Airport access with direct flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul and Chicago airports
- Top Ranked outdoor area for activities
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers or contact:
Kailee Deadrick, Physician Recruiter
Email: [email protected]