Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges – one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Physician assistants and nurse practitioners (NP PAs) in the division of Hospital Internal Medicine (HIM) work collaboratively with physicians and other NP PAs to provide high quality hospital-based care. The HIM team is responsible for caring for a variety of clinically diverse and complex patients in a high acuity, dynamic and collaborative hospital setting. Our patient population consists of all areas of internal medicine with a focus in Hematology/Oncology and Transplant Medicine. The HIM NP PA will partner with HIM physicians to assess, diagnose and treat patients and are responsible for patients in the Medical/Surgical and Progressive Care Units (PCU). The HIM NP PA completes admissions and consultations and is responsible for cross-cover of patients. The HIM NP PA will work 12-hour shifts that are NIGHTS ONLY and include weekends and holidays.
The HIM team is dedicated to Mayo Clinic’s three shields: patient care, education and research and is seeking NP PAs interested in those areas, as well. The HIM NP PA will demonstrate leadership through involvement on committees and team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to improve the practice through performance improvement initiatives.
Mayo Clinic Hospital is growing to meet the needs of patients in Arizona, and in turn, the division of HIM is expanding, as well. We are seeking to add high quality NP PAs dedicated to patient care and teaching to our team. Please attach a resume/CV with your application submission. New Grads and FNPs will not be considered at this time.
Acute Care or Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner ONLY:
* Must be a graduate of an accredited university. Master of Science in Nursing required.
* Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State of Arizona. Must have national certification.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited university. NCCPA certification required.
* Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the State of Arizona.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
* Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
* One to three years of inpatient clinical experience required. Hospital Internal Medicine experience preferred.
* Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience preferred.
* Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record preferred.
* DEA required
* Maintains specialty certification.
* BLS is required.
* ACLS is required
American Heart Association or American Red Cross as required by specific department or division. Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.