City of Hope National Medical Center | Duarte (Main Campus)
- City of Hope
- Los Angeles, California
- Salary comm. w/ experience
- Closing date
- Apr 2, 2023
- Hospital Medicine
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Accepts J1/H1 Visas
- Organization Type
- Hospital / Medical Center, Hospital Medicine Group
- Employment Type
Department of Medicine | City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA City of Hope Medical Group Seeks a Physician to Join our Evaluation and Treatment Center
The Division of Hospital Medicine at City of Hope is currently seeking a full-time physician to join our Evaluation and Treatment Center (ETC) team. Our ETC is an outpatient treatment center that provides care to active patients of City of Hope, particularly those experiencing complications related to their cancer diagnosis. The center operates 24/7 and we are seeking a highly qualified physician with substantial clinical experience in the Emergency Department, Internal Medicine, or ICU.
City of Hope is a world-class NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, ranked among the top cancer centers in the country. The Duarte campus, located in the San Gabriel Valley (home to cities such as Pasadena, Arcadia, and Monrovia), is 21 miles northeast of Los Angeles and is City of Hope's main campus. The area is known for its Mediterranean climate, beautiful tree-lined streets, renowned schools, diverse population, and various attractions such as the Rose Bowl Stadium, Huntington Library, Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden, and Santa Anita Park racetrack.
Provide patient-centered care in collaboration with an established team of world class, nationally recognized physicians and healthcare professionals. Experience or interest in treating complex Hematology or Medical Oncology patients is highly preferred.
- Full-time position reporting to the Chief of Hospital Medicine and ETC Medical Director within our Department of Medicine
- Provide urgent and emergent evaluation of patients at only one location, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte
- State-of-the-art facilities: 215 bed hospital, 10 operating rooms and 4 procedure rooms
- On-site specialist support 24/7 as well as fellows, in-house surgeons, critical care and pediatricians
- Annual ETC volume of 10,000 patients.
- Average of 1-1.5 patients per hour. Very high acuity with a 60% admission rate.
- 144 clinical hours per month. Mix of 6 hour and 12 hour shifts (approximately 12-15 shifts per month).
- No nights; limited weekend expectations.
- 10-12 hours of APP coverage per day. Dual physician coverage 4 days of the week.
- The successful candidate will be board certified and have substantial clinical experience in the Emergency Department, Internal Medicine, or ICU.
- Academic record consistent with appointment at Assistant or Associate Professor level at City of Hope National Medical Center
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license.
- Generous salary and potential for sign-on bonus
- Paid vacation and sick time
- City of Hope adds 20% of salary to your retirement account (NOT a match—you don’t contribute a penny) each year; up to a maximum of $61,000
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by-case basis
- Salary range: $295,000-$310,000
- The range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.
Who We Are:
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 450+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Medicine. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities. We will be accepting applications through Spring 2023. This is a timely recruitment, and we will begin interviewing immediately.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert