Exciting Hospitalist opportunity on a new clinical service being offered by the Mount Sinai Behavioral Health Center on the Lower East Side!
The Mount Sinai Health System is looking for hospitalists to work in a new transformational, state-of-the-art, community-oriented facility for behavioral health with integrated services for mental health, substance abuse, physical health, and social service needs for the Lower East Side community. Hospitalists will run the Co-management Service for this new facility. This program will present many opportunities for leadership, quality development, and scholarship within our Division of Hospital Medicine.
The Lower East Side is in New York County and is one of the best places to live in New York. This vibrant downtown neighborhood is a popular nightlife destination—its streets are lined with trendy places to drink, dance and hear live music. Many of the area’s synagogues, museums and restaurants serve as reminders of its immigrant history.
Mount Sinai’s Division of Hospital Medicine is strongly committed to providing patient-centered care. The division embraces the mission of Icahn School of Medicine by pursuing an integrate approach to patient care, education, and research. We consider these as essential elements of the art and science of medicine.
• Provide care for patients admitted to the psychiatric services
• Work with team members in an environment dedicated to support and faculty development
• Collaborate with multi-specialty practice colleagues as an integral part of a health system
• Benefit from the education, research, and clinical program of Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
• Mount Sinai is one of the top ranked schools and health systems nationally
• Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
• Competitive benefits
• Dedicated support staff
• Position reports to the Chief of Hospital Medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel
• This role will be part of the larger division of Hospital Medicine in our Downtown campus and health system
• Compensation range from 137,525K to 518,888K (not including bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits)
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New York State Medical License
• Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine
• Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
• Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
• A strong work ethic and desire to participate in team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
Salary Disclosure Information:
Mount Sinai Health System provides a salary range to comply with the New York City law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialties, historical productivity, historical collections, and hospital/community need. As such, an actual salary may fall closer to one or the other end of the range, and in certain circumstances, may wind up being outside of the listed salary range. The salary range listed is for full-time employment and does not include bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,300 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 415 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and is top in the nation by specialty: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital is ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” among the country’s best in four out of 10 pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools," aligned with a U.S. News & World Report "Honor Roll" Hospital, and No. 14 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding. Newsweek’s “The World’s Best Smart Hospitals” ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally. For more information, visit https://www.mountsinai.org or find Mount Sinai on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System