Benefis Health System has a great opportunity to practice Hospital Medicine at our large tertiary, level II trauma center located in Great Falls, Montana. We offer a wide variety of patients and pathology, collaborative teams, great specialty support, competitive compensation and benefits and flexible scheduling that accommodates an adventurous Montana lifestyle!
- Great access to specialists with over 340 providers on our medical staff representing 40 specialties, including: Neurosurgery, CVT Surgery, Interventional and General Cardiology, General Surgery, Urology, Neurology, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Inpatient Gastroenterology, Psychiatry, and more!
- Open ICU (functioning “almost closed”) intensivists available for consultation 24/7
- 7 on / 7 off block schedule, 12-hour shifts with a patient target of 15 or less
- Predominantly day rounding position with infrequent requests to cover for vacations
- Dedicated nocturnists and a dedicated admitter from 1p-1a based in the emergency department
- Cover only 1 hospital with 349 acute care beds, admitting medical and surgical patients 16 years of age and older (adult), excluding obstetrical and providing medical coordination and inpatient utilization management for surgical patients
- Procedures optional with privileging
- Work life balance philosophy “when you’re off, you’re really off”
- Opportunity to teach medical students and future residents – Touro University is opening a medical school 4 blocks from the hospital, Summer 2023
Why we stand out
- Stand alone, financially stable, not-for-profit health system
- Regional tertiary center with robust specialty support
- Patient focused, quality medical care
How we support you
- Competitive guaranteed shift based compensation with incentive bonus structures
- Generous sign-on / relocation bonus
- Annual $5,000 CME + $1,000 license/dues
- 5-7% retirement match + 457b program
- Physician wellness programs focused on personal and professional development
- Monthly meetings with highest-level physician and administrative leadership to bring ideas forward and solve issues
Community Information: Great Falls is known as Montana’s base camp for art and adventure with a city population of 60,000, and a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We have four genuine seasons, experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools, two accredited colleges, and a new not-for-profit medical school, TouroCOM Montana, opening Summer 2023. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of our community with over 60 miles of paved recreational trails. Our local outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water and snow skiing, rock and ice climbing, boating, paddle boarding, kayaking, off-road motor sports, and hunting making our quality of life unrivaled in the Rocky Mountain West.
Benefis Health System is one of Montana’s largest tertiary centers holding a level II Trauma designation. We are proud to be a standalone, financially stable community health system with strong, dedicated leadership focused on providing the best patient care in Montana. We cover ¼ of the state’s land mass, an area comparable in size to Kansas and can provide care for everything with the exception of burns and organ transplants. We offer great specialty support including 3 neurosurgeons, a cardiothoracic and vascular program, a regional cancer institute and a brand-new emergency department with a dedicated air ambulance program, including fixed and rotor wing.
Contact us today to learn more!