Division Chief- Hospital Medicine
- Inova Medical Group
- Fairfax, Virginia
- Competitive salary + Benefits
- Closing date
- Jun 16, 2023
- Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Position Type
- Chair / Chief / Department Head
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Hospital / Medical Center
- Employment Type
The Inova Medicine Service Line's Division of Hospital Medicine is seeking an experienced Internal Medicine Hospitalist to serve as the Inova Health System Hospital Medicine Division Chief. The Division Chief will lead a collaborative team dedicated to delivering world-class care at all 5 Inova inpatient sites, be accountable for developing and implementing strategy, aligning hospital medicine with Inova’s key priorities, and driving clinical excellence improvement. The Hospitalist Division is comprised of 150 plus employed providers, including both physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs). This is an employed system levelposition. The Inova integrated health network includes five hospitals, large primary and multispecialty networks and advanced surgical, vascular and cancer centers serving Northern Virginia and the DC Metro area. Inova offers a generous compensation and benefits package.
- Lead in a style that encompasses the Inova Values.
- In collaboration with other Medicine Service line leaders and Inova leaders, design and implement the vision for System Hospitalists
- Responsible for overseeing all employed Hospitalists Physicians, employed Hospitalists Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), Hospitalists Medical Directors, and Hospitalist APP leaders, as all other private hospital medicine physicians, for all sites of care
- Leads the alignment, development, and championing, of metrics analysis and dashboards for all Hospitalist quality initiatives across the system
- Oversite of all system provider recruitment and community provider contracts in collaboration with the Medicine Service Line and hospital leadership teams.
- Standardization and alignment of Hospitalist care delivery and severity-adjusted outcomes across all sites of care within the Hospitalist division’s purview
- Standardization and alignment of Hospitalist practice standards and expectations across system
- Responsible for leading Hospitalist initiatives, development of clinical pathways, and Value Improvement Projects (VIP) with a focus on patient safety, value, and quality.
- Development of programs and services in partnership with the Medicine Service Line nursing, administrative, and medical leadership teams, hospital CMOs, and other Service Line Leaders throughout the system.
- Supervisory role for operational areas impacting Hospitalists:
- Procurement for system equipment and services
- Evaluation and management of budget, revenues, and expenses for the applicable Physician Enterprise and hospital cost centers as it relates to Hospitalist services. Applying a fiscally judicious approach with economic sustainability in mind
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster planning/response
- Risk management/legal
- Chair of System Hospitalist Council and Work groups
- Research and Education
- Mentorship of team members
- Staffing and workforce management
- Collaboration with hospital nursing and administration to improve outcomes, patient experience, and retention at all sites of care.
- Involvement with all strategic decision-making within the Medicine Service Line.
- Collaboration with GME & UME to facilitate and foster an enriching learning environment for rotating medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Partner with the Inova Foundation to engage grateful patients to support our established priorities
- Any other defined role per Inova Medicine Service Line leadership direction.
- Aligned with and promotes Inova’s mission, vision, values and strategic direction
- Leads by example, enhancing the Service Line’s reputation and establishing personal and professional credibility within the department, across the healthcare system and within the community
- Builds camaraderie and collaboration among the Service Line team to develop a comprehensive and exceptional team
- Extensive clinical and administrative experience, including direct involvement in managing a clinical program and demonstrated medical staff leadership, including:
- Management style that emphasizes communication, collegiality, collaboration, flexibility and the ability to build high-performing multidisciplinary teams consistent with Inova values.
- Commitment to continuously improving clinical effectiveness, including quality, safety and patient experience and elimination of unwarranted variability.
- Business acumen, management skills, and fiscal knowledge.
- Ability to build relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Experience as a community physician, or extensive dealings with community physicians, and an understanding of private practice.
- Ability to mentor, develop, inspire and lead medical and support staff, establishing a culture of accountability and teamwork among a diverse, highly qualified medical and support staff.
- Ability to plan and delegate assignments, review work, and monitor progress toward goals.
- Minimum 5 years prior hospitalist leadership experience
- MD, DO or other pertinent professional degree; license to practice in Virginia,
- Fellowship trained, where appropriate
- Current board certification
- Distinguished record of clinical care, reputation and leadership
Hospital Medicine/Internal Medicine Hospitalist
As Northern Virginia and Washington, DC’s leading not-for-profit healthcare provider, Inova provides quality care while improving the health of the diverse communities we serve.
To further this mission, ICPH will join our comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care practices, and health and wellness initiatives, in leading the future of health. ICPH will enable Inova to better serve our community, offering breakthrough genomic research, integrative and personalized care, educational programs and cutting-edge technology.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert