Program Director needed for new IM residency South Texas!
Graduate Medical Education is growing at UHS in South Texas with the addition of a New Internal Medicine residency in McAllen, TX. We are seeking an experienced candidate to lead the program including the 2023 ACGME application process for a 2024 program start.
This is an excellent opportunity to help establish a new GME program in Tropical South Texas. And to make a difference in the community by training new physicians and partnering in our mission of delivering the highest quality of care and positive outcomes to patients and families. The position will include direct patient care, leadership, teaching, and administrative responsibilities.
- Program Director for new Internal Medicine GME program
- Initially a Consulting role transitioning to .6 FTE as PD, with remainder in clinical practice
- Clinical practice may offer various benefits packages health, dental, life, disability, PTO, retirement plan
- Current board certification by the ABIM and specialty expertise
- Recent PD or Associate PD experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years of recent documented educational and/or administrative experience in an accredited GME program
- Demonstrated ability as a leader, educator, and clinician
- Recent history of scholarly activities/research
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
South Texas Health System is an integrated system of care comprised of six hospitals, several freestanding emergency rooms, multiple physician practices and a broad variety of outpatient services.
Please send CV to [email protected]/ 956.388.2218 for more information