Position Type & FTE: Full-time, 1.0 FTE
Shift Type: Nights
Pioneering healthcare since 1896, Salem Health is a top workplace offering market-leading pay where you can make a difference in the lives of those in the community where you live. Through incorporation of Lean driven principles, staff are able to effect change in the organization to solve problems, and drive continuous improvement.
As an employer of choice, we are devoted to assuring that we provide a safe, healthy, and patient-centric workplace, while keeping staff wellbeing and satisfaction top of mind.
Your Role With Us:
Salem Health’s collaborative and dynamic Adult Hospitalist team, is seeking an experienced physician to join their robust program in a full-time Nocturnist role. The team consists of 52 physicians and advanced practitioners, all working together to provide quality care to our patients and fellow community members. As a full-time (1.0 FTE) Nocturnist, you will enjoy a 7on/7off (7pm-7am) work schedule. You will not have to run codes or take on any procedure/vent-management responsibilities, as we have a closed ICU, excellent rapid response team, and collaborative ER colleagues. Salem Health Medical Group consists of more than 250 providers across 19 specialties that offer 24/7 full-subspecialty support, with a collective focus on enhancing the patient experience and providing high levels of care coordination.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Successful completion of accredited residency program in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. (Applicants who are not Board Certified must be eligible, actively participating in the Board Certification process, and achieve Board Certification within 5 years of initial appointment to the Medical Staff.)
- Current or eligible to obtain, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Oregon
- Current DEA certification
- Knowledge of Lean methodology highly preferred
Total Rewards Offerings:
- Up to $20,000 start bonus
- Up to $100,000 student loan repayment
- Relocation Assistance
- $4,000 annual Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance
- Full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans; Life insurance; Short and long-term disability
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite fitness center with 24/7 badge access
- Public service loan forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
Why Salem Health?
- Not-for-profit hospital, licensed for 644 acute-care beds
- Largest private employer in the state of Oregon
- Level II trauma center and Life Flight hub
- Busiest emergency department on the West Coast
- Magnet® designation
- EPIC EMR
- Designated as a Top Workplace in Oregon
- Community members honored Salem Health nine times in the “2022 Best of the Mid-Valley” awards
- Live amidst Oregon's Wine Country in the beautiful Willamette Valley
- 1-hour drive to the Pacific Ocean, 1.5-hour drive to Mt. Hood, and a 45-minute drive to Portland
- We invite you to learn more about our wonderful community and the beautiful state of Oregon:
- There’s something about Salem, Oregon!
- Travel Oregon | Oregon Vacations & Travel Guide
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]