Full or Part- Time BC/BE Internists to work as a Hospitalist and/or Nocturnist
We have an established team of 20 physicians and 6 Advanced Practice Providers. We provide high-quality care for the full range of internal medicine patients and enjoy an excellent balance between professional and personal life. Our hospital fosters careers for doctors interested in administration, quality, and IT.
- Generous Compensation and Benefits package
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Reimbursement
- Annual CME Allowance
- Augusta Health is an independent, non-profit 255-bed community hospital located 30 miles west of Charlottesville. We have a close-knit group with emphasis placed on teamwork, the practice of quality medicine, and work-life balance.
- Full and Part-time schedules are available. Our Full-time Nocturnist schedule is based on a week-on, week-off cycle with 120 shifts. Our nocturnists see an average 6 encounters per night and evening shift.
- Full time hospitalist schedule is based on a week-on, week-off cycle with 182 shifts per year.
- The night doc arrives at 7 pm and works until 6 am, admitting new patients and providing back-up for the Night Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner who provides cross-cover and assists with admissions when needed.
- We attend in the ICU, and we work closely with our Pulmonary- Critical Care team to provide comprehensive care to our ICU patients.
- Our practice culture is supportive, democratic, physician-led, and active. Problem-solving and decisions about practice goals and structure are made collectively by the team. Our practice supports a diverse group of physicians and takes advantage of their varied strengths.
- Augusta Health sponsors medical students from Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM). Hospitalists may choose to precept VCOM medical students during their third year Internal Medicine Clerkship. In return, the Hospitalists receive a stipend directly from VCOM.
- Many physicians in our group are involved in health system initiatives tied to quality improvement, care coordination, information technology, education, cost reduction, and new models of care delivery. Hospitalists in our group hold the following paid positions at Augusta Health: Medical Director of Hospice and Palliative Care, Medical Director AHC Skilled Facility, Medical Director of the Infusion Center, Director of Medical Student Education, Hospital Medical Informatics Officer, Physician Advisor for Case Management, Advisor for the Coding and Documentation Initiative.