The Division of Hospital Medicine at the University of Kentucky in desirable Lexington, KY, seeks a Division Chief of Hospital Medicine. The incoming Chief will perform administrative, clinical, research, and educational duties and be appointed Associate or Full Professor. The new Chief will lead a growing robust inpatient academic practice and promote the development of expertise in medical education, complex care, quality and safety, and health services research. Candidates should have excellent skills and experience in leadership, education, and research to further advance the success of clinical and academic programs.
About the Division of Hospital Medicine
The Division of Hospital Medicine is the largest division within the university, with approximately 90 faculty physicians, 20 advanced practice providers, 125,000 annual encounters, and about 14,000 discharges.
• Lead a Division poised to achieve regional and national recognition in clinical care delivery and medical education
• Build a robust research program focused on the care of medically complex patients
• The department serves an integral role in a vibrant and robust healthcare enterprise
• UK HealthCare brings state-of-the-art facilities and technology to the Lexington, Kentucky, campus
• Help the department move toward its goal of becoming a top 20 medical center
• UK HealthCare ranks in the top quartile of academic medical centers with a service volume per year of more than 1 million outpatient visits and around 40,000 hospital discharges with an annual operating budget of approximately $2.8 billion
• Excellent benefits include 403b with a 10 percent match, relocation allowance, ample vacation time, and tuition reimbursement for physician and family
• The University of Kentucky is ranked a Best College by US News
Community Information – Live in Beautiful Lexington, Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky, offers the charm and splendor of a place where history meets modern amenities. Enjoy the city's rich heritage by exploring the Kentucky Horse Park, Mary Todd Lincoln House, and Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate. The location is in the heart of Bluegrass Country, filled with numerous historical, natural, and cultural attractions to explore and enjoy. Home to a remarkable university with exciting NCAA sporting events, Lexington is perfect for families and individuals.
• Overall grade of A and one of the best places to live in Kentucky (Niche)
• Named a Best Place to Live, a Best Place to Retire, and a Best Place to Live for Quality of Life (US News)
• Affordable cost of living
• Some of the best public and private schools in the state
• A safe, walkable downtown area with plenty of day and nightlife activities
• Gorgeous scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, golfing, and horseback riding
• Convenient access to Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby), Cincinnati, and Nashville