Hospitalist Opening! Great Barrington, MA. Berkshire Health Systems
This is an exceptional Inpatient opportunity for new and experienced providers at Fairview Hospital.
- Fairview Hospital is a Critical Access Hospital in a small New England town with excellent support from, and relationship with its community as well as remarkable quality of life and cultural opportunities.
- Fairview Hospital was rated among the top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the country in 2022 (there are 1100 Critical Access Hospitals in the US) and has received multiple quality recognition awards. It has 25 beds, including a medical/surgical unit, maternity unit and 3 bed ICU.
- Excellent General Surgery Service.
- Excellent relationship with Emergency Department team
- Very experienced, responsible and supportive group of Hospitalists with excellent retention.
- A larger local Hospital and other regional Tertiary Care Acute Hospitals are available for transfers requiring further consultation and resources.
- Manage general medical admissions and inpatient rounding, including low acuity critical care unit.
- Must be comfortable working without subspecialty consultative services. Cardiology consultation is available on weekdays.
- Open position includes option for an 18 week or 24 week per year commitment, working in 7 day cycles (126 or 168 shifts, respectively). Shifts are 12 hours and divided equally between days and nights, with night shifts being less burdensome. Shifts are 7 am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am.
- Average census 10 with 2-3 admissions per 24 hours on average.
Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance options, and more.
- Competitive Sign on Bonus
- Professional Liability Insurance
- 403(b) & 457(b) Pension Plans
- Short Term and Long Term Disability at no cost to you!
- Life and AD&D Insurance at no cost to you!
- Additional Voluntary Life, AD&D, Spouse Life, and Child Life Insurance
- Options for Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Continuous Medical Education Allowance
More About Us
Taking care of our BHS team members is a top priority. We offer a variety of engagement programs and benefits to help support you as you do the important job of caring for our community, including a robust employee wellness program, free in-person and online mental health counseling, generous paid time-off, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) retirement plans.
At Berkshire Health Systems, you will not only be a vital contributor to our dynamic medical community but will also be a part of an exciting region that values natural beauty, promotes a balanced, active lifestyle, and supports world-renowned, thriving cultural institutions, such as Tanglewood, The Clark Art Institute, Mass MoCA, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Barrington Stage Company, and the Berkshire Theatre Group.
This is a great opportunity to practice in a beautiful and culturally rich area while being affiliated with a health system with award winning programs, nationally recognized physicians, and world class technology.
All Interested candidates may apply online at www.berkshirehealthsystems.org or reach out directly to Cody Emond at [email protected]