The Division of Pediatrics at Nemours Children’s Health-Jacksonville and Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville Florida, is currently seeking a Division Chief of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. This is a full-time leadership employed position.
The Department of Pediatrics, Nemours Children’s Children’s Health and Wolfson Children’s Hosptial seeks a dynamic and innovative full Professor or Associate Professor Academic Hospitalist to lead its Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. The Division Chief will provide strategic and operational leadership with responsibility and accountability across the full range of mission areas, to maintain and grow clinical, educational and research programs; guide faculty development; participate in the clinical teaching of medical students, residents and fellows; and mentor faculty, trainees and medical students.
The Position Reports to The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children’s Health-Jacksonville. This position provides outstanding clinical, laboratory, and health services research opportunities. Academic appointments will be held at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, and academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience.
Currently Board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) with a subspecialty certification in Pediatric Hospital Medicine, possess or eligible for an unrestricted Florida medical license, qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children’s Health.
• Experience in and commitment to delivery of high-quality clinical care and patient care that ensures good outcomes in multiple domains for patients and their families
• Demonstration of strong commitment to the education of residents and Fellows.
* Ability to develop innovative models of care delivery
* Ability to manage a team of hospitalists and advanced practice providers, mentor them, and guide their professional development and success
* Ability to work collaboratively with leaders and professionals from multiple other specialties and with regional physicians and referring institutions
• Interest and experience in working with a population that has a number of economic, health and educational disparities. Cultural sensitivity, appreciation and interest in improving the health of an underserved population.
* Experience in scholarly activity as evidenced by recent and sufficient number of peer-reviewed publications including participation in specialty society organizations, and active involvement with national or regional professional societies.
* Experience in applying and obtaining research funding.
• A personality and style that is grounded in partnering, collegiality and consensus-building.
• An individual with a passion for building and supporting new programs, comfortable with forging new paths and working with ambiguity.
• An individual with a contagious passion for his/her work and the ability to garner support to meet objectives.
For confidential consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Eric Sandler, MD
Chair, Dept of Pediatrics
With a copy to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: