Pediatric Hospitalists – Cohen Children’s Medical Center
The Department of Pediatrics of Northwell Health and The Zucker School of Medicine seeks a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatrician or Pediatric Hospitalist with fellowship training to join the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at Cohen Children’s Medical Center in New Hyde Park, NY. Some highlights include:
• Team of 25 Pediatric Hospitalists
• Flexible schedule with 8, 12, or 16 hour shifts
• No L & D
• Robust clinical support team including social workers, case managers, child life specialists, and nutritionists
• Opportunities for collaborating in clinical research and quality improvement projects
• Academic position with teaching responsibilities
• Opportunities for leading and collaborating in clinical research and quality improvement projects
• Supervision of pediatric residents during their inpatient and newborn rotations.
• Academic appointment at The Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell is commensurate with experience.
• We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Cohen Children’s Medical Center opened in 1983 as the New York metropolitan area’s only hospital designed exclusively for children. Today, it is the largest pediatric teaching hospital in the region, treating over 230,000 children per year and serving 1.8 million children in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties. It is the tertiary pediatric medical center of the Northwell Health System and the only Level-1 Pediatric Trauma Center on Long Island. Cohen Children’s Medical Center is the top-rated children’s hospital in New York State and has earned top national rankings for exceptional care in nine pediatric specialties, according to US News & World Report’s 2021-2022 Best Children’s Hospitals. As the largest provider of pediatric health services in the state, Cohen Children’s has been ranked among the nation’s top children’s hospitals by US News for 15 consecutive years. We are the main site for pediatric rotations at the Zucker School of Medicine and have 100 pediatric residents and 4 fellows. To learn more about the Department of Pediatrics and learn about our vision for growth, click here.
With 23 hospitals and more than 750 outpatient locations throughout the Metro New York area and beyond, Northwell Health serves over 11 million people and is one of the largest and most diverse academic medical centers in the nation. In addition to renowned clinical facilities, Northwell faculty members enjoy access to the academic and research resources of the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. At Northwell Health, we are committed to the highest quality of clinical care, dedicated to improving lives through research, and strive for excellence at all times.
If you choose to join us, you will find not only a great career opportunity, but also great lifestyle options. No matter where you choose to live, from the family-centered suburbs of Long Island to the glitter and buzz of Manhattan to the serene beauty of the Atlantic coast, the New York metropolitan area offers something for everyone.
Northwell is proud to offer a highly competitive salary and generous benefits package.
To learn more and apply, please contact Lindsay Appelman at: [email protected]