Requisition ID: 2023-40462
Specialty: Physician - Pediatrician/Pediatric Hospitalist
Position Type: Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter: Ann Taggart
Contact: [email protected]
Sunny South Florida
U.S. News-Ranked Pediatric Hospital
Pediatrix Medical Group of Florida, is seeking a full-time Pediatric Hospitalist to join our respected neonatology practice at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, a U.S. News-ranked children’s hospital.
- Primary responsibility includes coverage of the newborn nursery
- Great work-life balance with alternating coverage of 3 or 4 days a week and every other weekend, no night call
- Opportunity to collaborate with neonatologists in the care of non-acute NICU babies
- Ability to participate in CQI and clinical research projects and the opportunity to exchange best practices and ideas with the several thousand Pediatrix providers working across more than 400 NICUs
- There are over 5,000 annual births at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
About Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital (Memorial Healthcare)
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital opened in 1992 and has grown to be the leading children’s hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital combines state-of-the-art clinical excellence with a child- and family-friendly environment that emphasizes the healing Power of Play. The Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is one of only 11 Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Centers (RPICC) in Florida. The hospital also offers free accommodations at its Conine Clubhouse, located on the hospital campus, for families while their babies receive expert care. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services, including heart transplant, kidney transplant, neurosurgery, hematology/oncology, ECMO, etc.—delivered with kindness and compassion. The hospital is currently undergoing a 4-story vertical expansion and constructing a women’s and children’s outpatient pavilion in nearby Miramar. JDCH recently opened a large pediatric multispecialty facility and ambulatory surgery center in Palm Beach County. Memorial Healthcare System (MHS) is the 4th largest public health system in the country and is a quaternary trauma center. MHS received institutional ACGME accreditation in August 2015 and welcomed its first class of pediatric residents in 2018.
About the Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale area
- Adjacent cities of Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale are a lively, diverse community with a population of about 300,000 combined
- Nearly 32 miles of beautiful beaches make it a popular destination for tourists and residents
- Known as the “Venice of America” for its numerous canals and waterways, Fort Lauderdale is a top destination for boating enthusiasts
- Hollywood features a brick paved Broadwalk that runs along the sand for over two miles with inviting cafes, boutiques and hotels, including the famous Margaritaville
- A warm, tropical climate offers average temperatures ranging from the mid-70s during the winter and mid-80s in the summer
- Sports fans will enjoy several professional and college sports, including the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat and Florida Panthers
- The entire South Florida market offers a dynamic urban/suburban lifestyle with an abundance of cultural and recreational amenities
Board certified pediatrician
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/R8nLmpSWBAQDXszKIPykk