Director of Medical Hospitalists, Catholic Health
Suffolk County, NY
Catholic Health is seeking a Director, Medical Hospitalists to ensure that the patients of St. Catherine of Siena Hospital receive the highest level of hospital care in the in-patient setting.
Join our growing physician network of more than 2,800 physicians in Suffolk, Nassau and Queens County. Catholic Health is a fully integrated health system serving the communities of Long Island, NY. Join a culture that is physician focused, led, and is committed to I-CARE Values – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Catholic Health Services (CHS) was designated a Top Workplace to work in 2018 by Newsday. The award is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey. CHS is comprised of 6 hospitals, 3 long term care facilities, a Home Care and Hospice agency, and a program for developmentally disabled individuals, CHSLI has over 17,000 employees and an operating budget in excess of $3B.
- Provide medical direction for the day-to-day operations of the Hospitalist Program as well as clinical duties;
- Hold regular meetings with the Hospitalist Staff on a monthly basis and invite the Chief Medical Officer to such meetings;
- Lead and coordinate 7 am daily meetings/huddles with Hospitalists and advanced practice providers;
- Hold regular meetings with the CEO/President, Chief Medical Officer and other Hospital leadership to discuss Hospitalist Program goals, accomplishments and ways the Hospitalist Program can help accomplish the needs of the Hospital and the Medical Staff;
- Attend Medical Executive Committee meetings, Performance Improvement and Medical Staff Meetings;
- Communicate with patients and attending physicians, to ensure Hospitalist Program provides communication in the care of their patients and help ensure smooth transition of care in and out of hospital and ensure that team embraces ICARE values;
- Analyze, on a monthly basis, the Hospitalist performance data. Data includes, but is not limited to:
- ALOS & Throughput .
- Patient Experience
- Readmission rates
- Utilizing appropriate order sets
- Following sepsis bundles
- Minimize Infection rates: CLABSI, CAUTI, C Difficile, MRSA, etc..
- Timely documentation of H&P and D/C Summaries
- Medical Director's responsibility is to present and discuss this data and other data as pertinent with the Hospitalists to promote continued improvement in patient outcomes;
- Prepare and be responsible for developing and maintaining coverage schedule;
- Ensure that the Hospitalist Program is operated in accordance with all requirements of The Joint Commission, all applicable licensing requirements, and all other relevant requirements promulgated by any federal, state, or local agency;
- Work in conjunction with other Hospital leaders to assist with the development and maintenance of Quality Improvement Programs and Joint Commission Standards, New York Department of Health regulations, and all other relevant requirements promulgated by any federal, state, or local agencies;
- NYS license and Active DEA number
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- 3-5 years in a Hospital setting
Salary Range: $308,208- $489,018
This range serves as a good faith estimate and actual pay will encompass a number of factors, including a candidate’s education, training, skills, licensure and certification, competencies and other relevant experience. The salary range listed does not include any bonuses, incentive pay, or other forms of compensation that may be applicable to this job and it does not include the value of benefits.
At Catholic Health, we believe in a people-first approach. In addition to the estimated base pay provided, Catholic Health offers generous benefits packages, generous tuition assistance, a defined benefit pension plan, and a culture that supports professional and educational growth.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV to: Tracee Thomson, Vice President Physician Alignment and Recruiting- [email protected]
CATHOLIC HEALTH SERVICES OF LONG ISLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V