Tower Health Reading Hospital is seeking a Day Shift Hospitalist Services Advanced Practice Provider to extend excellent clinical care to our acute adult inpatients. The advanced practitioner will provide comprehensive medical care to patients, in collaboration with physicians and staff. This includes medical evaluation, treatment and counseling plans to patients and their families.
15 Shifts per month; 2 weekends a month; 2-3 holidays a year
This position includes a host of responsibilities including:
- Performing physical examinations and evaluations; assesses, diagnosis, and treats medical problems
- Document medical information of patients and maintain electronic medical records
- Orders and interprets diagnostic testing, in collaboration with the medical team
- Prescribes medications, treatment modalities, or medical interventions as authorized
- Requests consultation or referral with other health care providers
- Consults and collaborates with supervising physician
*All applicants must be certified, with an active Professional Pennsylvania license (PA or NP).
BLS and ACLS must be current.
The Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance - tail coverage included
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B & Green Card Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
Reading Hospital is a 697-bed nonprofit teaching hospital that provides high quality healthcare, cutting-edge technology, and experienced, caring medical professionals. As the nationally recognized, Magnet-designated flagship institution of Tower Health, Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services including the McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, one of the state’s busiest Emergency Departments and a Level I Trauma Center, and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Reading Hospital was named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2023 by Healthgrades™. This is the second year in a row (2022-2023) that Reading Hospital has been in the top 1 percent of hospitals nationwide for overall clinical performance. Reading Hospital has also been ranked as one of the Top Ten Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report the second year in a row.
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is within driving distance of major metropolitan areas like Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Public Museum are considered among the best in the state. GoggleWorks is one of the nation's largest interactive community arts centers. And each year, the Berks Arts Council presents the largest jazz festival on the east coast. In addition, the Santander Arena and Performing Arts Center bring some of the world’s top acts to Reading.
The great outdoors is right in your backyard, including the National Scenic Appalachian Trail, Blue Marsh Lake, French Creek State Park, and the Hawk Mountain Sanctuary. And you'll find lakes for boating, swimming, ice fishing, and skating. Reading also ranks fourth nationwide in minor-league sports markets, hosting our own minor league hockey (Reading Royals) and baseball (Reading Fightin’ Phils) teams.
Contact Person Name: Lisa Wortman
Contact Phone Number: 484-628-0556
Contact Email: [email protected]