Requisition ID: 2021-28643
Specialty: Physician - OBGYN/OB Hospitalist
Position Type: Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter: Ann Taggart
Contact: [email protected]
OBGYN Hospitalist - Jacksonville, FL - US News & World Report Top Hospital
Passionate about caring for OBGYN patients in a hospital setting? So are we. Join our team of Pediatrix® Medical Group OB hospitalists at Baptist Medical Center South in Jacksonville, Florida! The hospital has been recognized for its high quality of care, including being named one of America's Best Hospitals for Patient Safety by the Women's Choice Awards, and is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top five hospitals in Florida.
Join our highly specialized, motivated team of OB hospitalists who are the hospital’s first responders in obstetric and gynecologic emergencies.
- Our team includes four OB hospitalists who work seven to eight 24-hour shifts a month, leaving ample time off for family, friends and recreation
- Collaborate with and receive support from our dedicated maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology specialists
- Have responsibility for: OB triage/admissions/inpatient care/delivery for unassigned patients and private call coverage, emergency response for L&D/antepartum/postpartum, ER and floor consults/care for unassigned GYN emergencies, surgical assists at Cesarean sections
Jacksonville Fast Facts:
- With miles of coastline, it has some of the best beaches in Florida, including Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville Beach and Neptune Beach
- Home to more than 300 parks, including the largest urban park system in America, residents and visitors can enjoy numerous outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, kayaking, boating and golfing
- Lower cost of living than many cities in the state, making it an affordable place to work and live
- Home to the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars and minor league baseball team, Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Numerous museums and cultural institutions, such as the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and the Museum of Science and History
- Home to several colleges and universities, including the University of North Florida and Jacksonville University
- A diverse food scene, with various restaurants serving local seafood, Southern cuisine and international favorites
- Largest city in Florida, with nearly 1 million residents
- A humid subtropical climate with temperatures ranging from 60 F in the winter to 90 F during the summer
Our National Pediatrix OB Hospitalist Team
While we serve a local community, our clinicians have opportunities to collaborate and share knowledge with our nationwide network of specialists.
• 225+ OB hospitalists
• 12 states
• 40+ locations
“Working with Pediatrix Medical Group as an OB hospitalist has allowed me to take patient care to another level. I can discuss, coordinate and collaborate with our women's and children's subspecialists to offer the best outcomes for patients in the most challenging clinical situations.”
— Brian Gilpin, M.D., OB Hospitalist and specialty medical officer for Pediatrix Medical Group
**PER DIEM opportunities are also available
Board Eligible or Board Certified OBGYN
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/BXQq8nUAgPBP2s8Pf1b55