The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology in the Department of Pediatrics is searching for a board-certified (or eligible) pediatrician or pediatric hematologist/oncologist to join our collaborative, patient-focused team with nationally recognized quality and outcomes as a nocturnist.
Learn more about MUSC Pediatric Hematology Oncology here: https://medicine.musc.edu/departments/pediatrics/clinical-divisions/hematology-oncology
Ideal candidates will be:
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics
- Fellowship in hematology/oncology preferred, not required
- Committed to MUSC’s educational, research, and teaching missions
About our opportunity:
- Work at MUSC’s Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital, a 250-bed, state-of-the-art facility in downtown Charleston, repeatedly ranked as the #1 city in the US.
- Provide in house overnight coverage for a 16-bed step down unit with a vibrant patient population of hematology, oncology, sickle cell, stem cell transplant, and CAR-T patients as well as support overnight patient and family phone calls for this same patient population.
- Scheduling anticipated to be 14 overnight shifts in a 28-day cycle
- Join a collaborative and intellectually stimulating team of 9 faculty members and 1 PsychD
We will provide:
- EPIC medical record platform
- Relocation assistance and competitive pay
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
In 2020, MUSC Children’s Health opened the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion, a 100,000 square foot, 10 floor, state-of-the-art building that is transforming the delivery of fetal, women’s and children’s care in the region. This 250-bed pediatric hospital is home to 89 NICU beds, 25 PICU beds, 36 mother/baby post-partum rooms, 7 couplet care rooms, a military grade helipad, 6 operating rooms, 4 procedures suites, a pediatric MRI scanner, the only comprehensive burn center in the state, and the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in the state. MUSC Children’s Hospital is the largest referral center in the region, made up of 31 pediatric subspecialties.
The Darby Children's Research Institute is the largest and most comprehensive pediatric research facility in the Carolinas. It is one of 15 buildings in the country dedicated to children's research. Located in Downtown Charleston, this seven-story institute houses 150 state-of-the-art laboratory modules, 11 research programs, and approximately 150 investigators and staff. We would welcome a funded individual with an interest in clinical, translational, or basic science research
MUSC is located in Charleston, SC, a city frequently named one of the best places in America to live. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Lowcountry cuisine prepared by world-class chefs.
Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.