Requisition ID: 2023-41788
Specialty: Physician - Pediatrician/Pediatric Hospitalist
Position Type: Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter: Sharifa Grossman
Contact: [email protected]
We are hiring a Pediatric Hospitalist in Beautiful Utica, NY
for the new state-of the- art Wynn Hospital
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our growing pediatric service in Utica, NY.
- Responsibilities include coverage of 7-bed inpatient pediatric unit, emergency department consultations, shared coverage of newborn nursery with neonatology service, and education of medical students and family medicine residents. No delivery attendance or NICU coverage.
- Great work-life balance with week on / week off schedule.
- Pediatric service is supported by pediatric-trained speech, occupational, and physical therapies, pediatric-certified echocardiographers, and lactation consultants. Neonatology consultations available in house; other pediatric sub-specialties available from tertiary center in nearby city.
- New state-of-the-art hospital is being built to combine the two local hospitals within the Mohawk Valley Health System. The Wynn Hospital is set to open in October 2023.
- Continued growth of residency programs within the new hospital
- Full or part-time positions available.
About the Area
Utica is a welcoming and diverse town in upstate New York, located on the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains. The area offers a relatively low crime rate, excellent public and private schools, ample housing options, and a cost of living that is 20% less than the national average. There are a variety of big-city amenities available from eclectic restaurants to quaint festivals. Outdoor activities abound in the area with plentiful lakes and rivers, hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter. Utica is located between two large cities, Syracuse and Albany, and is sandwiched between multiple college towns. It is an easy driving distance to attractions such as the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Lake Ontario.
- Board certified/board eligible in pediatrics.
- Experienced practitioners, new graduates, and commuters are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Compensation
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Compensation Range: $180,000 to $215,000 based on years of experience.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/yyGPYgfwKXB5YtXKF6Pbb