The Department of Inpatient Pediatrics at Denver Health is seeking multiple full-time Neonatal Hospitalists to join our growing hospitalist program. Positions include a faculty appointment through the University of Colorado School of Medicine. The Neonatal Hospitalist will deliver direct patient care, supervise and teach pediatric residents, attend department and team meetings, and participate in quality improvement, clinical research, and/or medical education projects.
Clinical shifts will include some combination of:
- Primary attending on NICU stepdown teaching team
- Primary attending in Well-Baby Nursery with weekday resident supervision
- Delivery room attendance
- In-house night coverage of Level II/III NICU patients with neonatologist back-up
- Emergency resource for residents covering Pediatrics Ward and PICU at night
As Colorado’s essential safety-net, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that provides billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is an integrated academic health care system that includes a Level I Trauma Center, 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver’s 911 emergency medical response system, 18 school-based health centers, 10 family health centers, a public health department, Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Safety, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation. Denver Health’s Department of Inpatient Pediatrics oversees a Well-Baby Nursery, 16-bed Level III NICU, 20-bed General Pediatrics ward, 8-bed PICU, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Child Life program.
Denver Health strongly supports workforce diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal treatment and employment opportunities to all applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other federal, state or local protected class. J-1 visa waiver candidates are also welcome.
- A passion caring for medically underserved patients in a resource-limited practice setting
- BC/BE in Pediatric Hospital Medicine (preferred) and/or General Pediatrics
- Experience caring for hospitalized newborns and young children
- Delivery room experience
- Experience in quality improvement, patient safety, and/or clinical research methodology with demonstrated areas of interest
- BLS, NRP, and PALS certification
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to:
Brett Leggett, MD
Director, Inpatient Pediatrics
Denver Health Medical Center
Aaron Ortiz, Manager of Provider Recruitment