Banner – University Medical Center (BUMCP) is recruiting BC/BE academic hospitalists to provide inpatient care on its campus in central Phoenix. The Division of Hospital Medicine enjoys a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture, comprised of physicians and APPs, and serves as the main source of clinical education for medical students and residents at University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
BUMCP is the flagship hospital and largest academic medical center within Banner Health with more than 650 licensed patient care beds. As a Level I trauma center and transplant center, BUMCP is the central hub for care for medically complex patients. Recognized as one of only two hospitals in Arizona by Beckers Hospital Review as a “Great Hospital in America”, BUMCP is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and educational innovations to prepare the next generation to serve our community. The Division of Hospital Medicine and Department of Internal Medicine have specific faculty-led programs to support career growth through opportunities in:
- Clinical excellence and health equity
- Medical education and mentorship
- Innovation and investigation
- Quality improvement and patient safety
- Service to the institution and community
Work Schedule: Shift based scheduling, 15 12-hr shifts/month (180 total shifts per year), dedicated nocturnists
- Board certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine or Hospital Medicine
- Direct experience managing complex inpatients
- A solid understanding of the hospitalist role and function
- An interest in academic work including teaching, professional development, and quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so
- Demonstrated achievement as an educator, scholar, clinician, and/or leader
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience working with advanced practice providers to support optimal care.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package with incentive opportunities, as well as an academic appointment at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION