Manager of Advanced Practice - Hospital Medicine
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Manager of Advanced Practice – Hospital Medicine
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, has an opportunity for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to manage, develop staff, and oversee daily operations of clinical staff within Hartford Hospital’s Department of Hospital Medicine located in Hartford, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
• Plans appropriate therapeutic interventions jointly with the patient and supervising physician and collaborative team to achieve established outcomes. Types of intervention may include health promotion, disease prevention, and treatment of illness, chronic illness management, or limiting disability.
• Collaborates with the management team to support and develop initiatives and business plans with fiscal and regulatory responsibility.
• Models the effective, efficient operation of the department by scheduling and assigning work, resolving process problems, collecting data to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary.
• Assists the collaborative management team in ensuring staff compliance with mandatory staff training and documentation.
• Determines ongoing staff education needs and assists in the planning/coordination of educational programs.
• Implements and monitors departmental goals and objective for the work group. Implements coaches and develops individual performance expectations.
When you join the Hospitalist Team at Hartford HealthCare, you will practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights, all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, and innovators.
• Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or Completion of Approved Nurse Practitioner Program if appropriate for specialty.
• Minimum of 3 years advanced practice experience in acute care or in specialty area.
• Current CT APRN license or Current PA license.
• Additional certification/training typically required related to complex chronic disease, limiting disability, and/or complex clinical condition per program requirements
• Current demonstrated clinical competence in advanced practice role
Connecticut is ideally situated between Boston and New York City, and offers you and your family the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and a variety of housing settings.
To inquire, please reach out to:
Samuel McNeil, HHC Provider Recruiter