The OHSU Division of Hospital Medicine (DHM) is comprised of academic and clinical hospitalists at both OHSU and Hillsboro Medical Center (HMC) and serves as the largest acute care/inpatient service at both sites. HMC is a 167-bed hospital located in Hillsboro, Oregon, and is part of OHSU Health. The Mission of the DHM is to serve, connect and educate, in order to heal, comfort and empower. We do this through teamwork and collaboration, growth mindset and continual improvement, diversity and inclusion, joy in practice, excellence in what we do, and clarity in communication.
The hospitalist program at HMC is a thriving, growing team out outstanding clinicians and offers not only opportunities for direct clinical care in a community setting, but also opportunities for teaching in a new Internal Medicine residency. The HMC Medical Director, in coordination with the Assistant Medical Director, will be responsible for the management, oversight, and daily operations of the HMC hospitalist service. The HMC Medical Director will be supported by the OHSU Division of Hospital Medicine administrative team and will report dually to the HMC Chief Medical Officer and the DHM Division Chief.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to Taryn Johnson at [email protected]
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Hospitalist
• Board certification in Internal or Hospitalist Medicine
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
• 2 years’ experience in a leadership role or advanced leadership degree; or willingness to participate in leadership training
• Membership in Society of Hospital Medicine or other professional membership appropriate to board certification and training
Specific Skills Needed
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to achieve respect, confidence and credibility with stakeholders and peers.
• Ability to communicate with physicians, administration, interdisciplinary teams, staff and patients in a diplomatic, positive and professional manner.
• Aptitude for advocating for and representing the interests of the hospitalist partners while maintaining the ability to see the big picture of the entire organization
• Possess excellent negotiation skills with the ability to develop satisfactory resolutions to conflict and grievances.
• Career interest in hospital medicine and medical administration.
• Proven results managing and motivating clinicians in a positive practice environment that promotes team spirit.
• Solid public speaking skills with the ability to make presentation to a variety of audiences
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or [email protected]
Apply for Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly