Medical Director - Hospital Medicine - Cooley Dickinson Hospital (MGB Affiliate)
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital
- Northampton, Massachusetts
- Competitive Salary + Productivity & Quality-based incentives, Sign-on bonus & relocation allowances
- Closing date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine, Med-Peds
- Position Type
- Chair / Chief / Department Head, Director, Physician
- Full Time
- Accepts J1/H1 Visas
- Organization Type
- Hospital / Medical Center
- Employment Type
The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system, an MGH Affiliate, is seeking a board-certified physician leader to lead our Hospital Medicine Department as the Medical Director.
Come join our close-knit, patient-centric team of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Med-Peds, and Pediatric physicians providing primary inpatient care for our 140-bed community hospital. Come learn what it is like to work in a place you would recommend to your family and friends. Where patient care is at the center of every decision we make.
At Cooley Dickinson Hospital our physicians are highly qualified, board-certified providers who specialize in caring for hospitalized adults. They are team leaders within the hospital, coordinating care among the doctors, nurses, subspecialists, and other key clinical staff. We also have an 11-bed closed critical care unit, that is staffed entirely by intensivists.
- Flexibility with various shift and scheduling options
- Team includes physicians, advanced practice providers, office manager, and office coordinator
- Productivity and quality-based incentive
- Sign-on bonus and relocation allowance
- Competitive salary and benefit programs
- Up to Six weeks paid time off plus 1-week CME leave
- Supportive leadership and administrative infrastructure and direct line to Mass General Brigham services integration.
- FTE Split between administrative and clinical time.
- Setting annual quality goals.
- Attending Cooley Dickinson Hospital System-wide Quality & Safety Committee meetings.
About the area:
With a population of just under 30,000, Northampton, MA offers quintessential New England charm with access to big-city resources. The area is a dynamic arts and five-college community and has been named one of the best U.S. destinations for restaurants, theater, galleries, and overall quality of life by Leisure Magazine and other travel writers. In addition to arts and education, the area is also an outdoor lover’s paradise, home to abundant hiking and water sport opportunities, and just 30 minutes from the Vermont border. Our location is also convenient to all rural and major metropolitan areas throughout New England including three major cities: Hartford (45 miles), Boston (100 miles), and New York City (150 miles).
About the organization:
The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system, an affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and Mass General Brigham, has a medical staff of approximately 500 active members (physicians and advanced practice clinicians). The system is comprised of the Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Cooley Dickinson Medical Group, as well as a VNA and Hospice. We pride ourselves on being a progressive, empowering employer, and a place for everyone. We are driven by our responsibility to create a culture of continuous improvement and be an all-inclusive health care provider, employer, and leader in our community.
The system’s 140-bed hospital annually admits 8,600 patients, treats 34,000 emergency patients, and delivers approximately 600 babies. The Cooley Dickinson Medical Group (CDMG), the fastest-growing part of the system, consists of approximately 74 physicians and 37 advanced practice clinicians who provide care at 11 locations. The VNA & Hospice averages 56,500 home care visits and serves an average of 400 hospice patients per year. Since 1885, the Cooley Dickinson Health Care system has successfully employed the brightest, most dedicated clinicians in medicine.
- Graduate of an accredited internal medicine, family medicine, or internal medicine-pediatrics residency training program, and current board certification or board eligibility by the appropriate governing body (ABIM or ABFM).
- Three or more years of post-graduate experience working as a hospitalist. Demonstrated interest and/or experience in administrative roles preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply please e-mail your CV to: [email protected].
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert